Avoiding Dresses?

When it comes to receiving invitations to events like dinner, wedding, cocktail in which you have to wear formal dressings apart from office attire and national wear (baju kurung/kebaya), some women having dilemma of choosing what to wear, especially those who are not confident of wearing dress. Dress is the best clothing to wear by the women. Dress flaunts your femininity. What is wrong with wearing  dress?

1. "I have large body. I'll look ugly in any dress."
There are many types of dresses that are designed for any type of body shapes. You just have to pick the one which can give you the best or more specificly, a slender look. Wear deep v-shaped neckline dress like the emperor dress. Plain and dark-colored dresses are highly recommended.

2. "I am a jock/rocker/tomboy. I don't want to look too girly. But all my friends are wearing dresses. I rather not to attend the dinner."
You do not have to isolate yourself. Be creative!
Urm... Is this a dress?

3. "I see all dresses are skin revealing. I am a churchgoer. My parents won't allow me to show too much skin."
Alasan saja tu... There are many sleeved + knee-length dresses out there. You can also wear a top layer such as the cardigan.


4. "My leg is as big as the elephant leg. I am too shy to show it. Maxi dresses are expensive."
I think you can try knee-length with A-line cut dress. If you are tall, you can also wear calf-length dress. You can also wear black leggings under short dress to make your legs look slimmer but make sure you can match them without fail and suit the occasion, it is quite risky.

5. "I wear Hijjab. It's hard for me to find a suitable dress. All I can think for now is only baju kurung."
Wear a long-sleeved maxi dress or mini dress with long pants NOT leggings under it!


< Stylo aren't they? These are fashion DON'Ts to me. They look funny, same as if you are wearing short pants with leggings under or bikinis with under layers. Guys do not like it, believe me. Plus, I do not think the "aurat" are covered enough.

7 comments:

Sekamar Rindu said...

hai....

the information you've provided is really helpful... thank you for your comments on my blog, ( sekamar Rindu )

V said...

yuck!! maok muntah kmk tga pict last ya dear!! yup..not aurat!! gelik!! i'm wearing hijab..mmg delema juak maok k dinner apa..

MarlyMarble said...

Sekamar Rindu: You are welcome. You got nice articles.

V: Haha... Gambar last ya kedak pesen Minnie mouse bah.

mavis v. said...

hee..kebtulan kmk tgh carik dress k kawen kazen mek..btw, ktk dh kena tag..ari ya ktk follow my 2nd blog..visit my blog on this link..http://simple-mayveez.blogspot.com/2011/03/show-me-your-bff-contest.html

MarlyMarble said...

Thanks Mavis...=D

khairi ariffin said...

erm betul...aurat x pas tuh ...x ikot spec....

MarlyMarble said...

Ya, kalau nak bertudung, aurat kena ditutup sebaik-baiknya. Baru pas, kan...

Post a Comment

My Link Collections: